Year 2 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Crimson and Scarlet's class page.
Year 2 Team Mr Short, Miss Shaw, Miss Bedford, Mrs Atkinson, Miss Copley,
Each year group has a number of core books which we use as a stimulus for our reading, writing and art work. We enjoy reading the books and learning from them.
Year 2 are currently reading The little hen and the Great War.
Over the year we will be reading, The Jolly Postman, Fantastic Mr Fox, George's Marvellous Medicine, Charlie and Chocolate Factory
In year 2, we are consolidating our 2, 5 and 10 times tables and learning the 3 and 4 times tables.
A few helpful reminders:
- On Tuesdays, we have indoor and outdoor PE (children need to come to school in their PE kit and suitable foot wear.)
- Reading books are sent out on Monday and need to be returned on Friday
To help your child learn, you could:
- Talk to them about their school day.
- Practice set 2 and set 3 RWI sounds. www. Ruthmiskin
- Listen to them read at least three times per week, asking them to answer questions about what they have just read.
- Practice spelling the first 200 High frequency words.
- Practise times tables regularly as well as logging on to Maths with parents to help your child. consolidate learning we have been doing in class.
- Practice times tables and number bonds to 10 and 20.
- Ensure PE kit is brought in to school every Tuesday
Keep an eye on here for weekly class updates, celebrations and news.
Stars of the week!
Hot chocolate Friday! - Lamar A won hot chocolate Friday this week for outstanding presentation. Her work is always beautifully set out and clear and easy to read.
Headteacher's award this week goes to Isabella W. She is such a polite girl who never forgets to use her manners.
Hot chocolate Friday! - Keren A won our hot chocolate Friday this week, she always presents her work beautifully and takes pride in everything she does.
Headteacher's award this week goes to Tharush M for being polite. Tharush always uses his please and thanks you's in and around schoo.. Such beautiful manners!
Well done to all our stars of the week!
End of Key Stage 1 Assessments
Throughout the month of May, pupils in year 2 will sit their end of Key Stage 1 Assessment tests. These tests are commonly known as SATs and are used to contribute towards the teachers’ assessment of the pupils. For more information on the tests please watch this short video or speak to your child’s teacher.