Year 2 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Crimson and Scarlet's class page.
Year 2 Team Mr Short, Miss Shaw, Miss Bedford and Miss Tudor
In year 2, we are consolidating our 2, 5 and 10 times tables and learning the 3 and 4 times tables.
A few helpful reminders:
- On Wednesday's , we have indoor or outdoor PE (children need to come to school in their PE kit and suitable foot wear.)
- Reading books are sent out on Monday and need to be returned on Friday
To help your child learn, you could:
- Talk to them about their school day.
- Practice set 2 and set 3 RWI sounds. www. Ruthmiskin
- Listen to them read at least three times per week, asking them to answer questions about what they have just read and record this on the Go read App
- Practice spelling the first 200 High frequency words.
- Practise times tables regularly as well as logging on to Maths with parents to help your child. consolidate learning we have been doing in class.
- Practice times tables and number bonds to 10 and 20.
- Ensure PE kit is brought in to school every Wednesday